BE/EE/MedE 189 a: Design and Construction of Biodevices¶
Novel measurements often require novel instruments. In this course, you will learn how to build your own instruments using an Arduino platform. You will first learn basic principles of prototyping electronic instruments and will ultimately build, construct, test, and use a spectrophotometer and a pulse oximeter. While these are not “new” instruments, the skills developed here will transfer to design and construction of your own biodevices in the future.
Students are repsonsible for reading the course policies.
- 0. Getting set up
- 1. Prototyping electronic devices
- 2. A tour of Ardiuno Uno and the solderless breadboard
- 3. Hello, world. (a.k.a. Blink)
- 4. Schematics
- 5. Programming Arduino
- 6. Practice programming Arduino
- 7. ADC and USART
- 8. Pulse width modulation
- 9. Asynchrony and blocking
- 10. Serial communication with Python
- 11. Controlling Arduino with widgets